Cable Knit Headband

Wednesday, November 13, 2013


I found this free knitting pattern for a cable knit headband and couldn't get it out of my mind. I have never cable knit anything before but after a couple times of taking it out and starting again (plus a you-tube video), I found it really easy to do. The stitch requires you to transfer some of your loops to a different needle and either hold them in front of or behind while you work on your other loops, I didn't get that every other transfer had to be held behind so it didn't look right (I realize that you would have no idea what I am talking about if you are not familiar with knitting the cable stitch).

Anyways, I altered the pattern a bit by making it five stitches wide for each cable instead of three to ensure that it would cover my ears when out in the wind and cold up here in North Dakota. I need to flatten it out a but but love how it turned out, a great alternative to a beanie if it isn't too cold outside.

0 friendly notes:

Post a Comment

AMEdetails All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger