Calligraphy

Thursday, November 14, 2013

I have been working hard on my calligraphy lately and have really really been enjoying it. I feel extremely intimidated and nervous about the whole thing, but I continue to try and push those negative thoughts out of my mind and remind myself that if I like what I am doing then I am blessed and that even though there are a lot of other people out there who do amazing calligraphy, I still have something to share- little pep talks I give myself multiple times a day.
I signed up to take a Skillshare class that really forced to me dive into calligraphy and get the supplies needed to start- I am so happy I did this.  I am still not done with the class but it has helped me not be as intimated by the whole thing and now everything I touch has to have some sort of calligraphy involved. 

These two images were things that were on my mind for awhile to write out. The Abraham Lincoln quote has been a favorite of mine for years and I have been looking for some new bathroom art so it was a win-win. I saw the 'Enjoy It' quote and it felt like it was something I needed to see at that moment... so I wrote it out, messed up the lower half of the quote with my calligraphy, cut the bad part off and just wrote the rest of the messed up part in under the good calligraphy. I then hung it by my desk near a bunch of photos clothes-pinned to twine. What I love about both of these pieces are that they are my very first two written things with nibs and ink and they are imperfect but I am so happy with them. 

0 friendly notes:

Post a Comment

AMEdetails All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger