Mightier Calligraphy Print

Monday, May 5, 2014

This is one of those pieces that I can't stop staring at.  Scott's cousin contacted me to write out a bible verse for her son's big boy room.  She was going to do it nautical theme but didn't want something too babyish. I sketched out this design and fell head over heels with it.  Let me explain something, I love everything I do.  As a creative though you have this feeling that you can keep doing it better, that it just isn't right.  I am continually learning and know that I still have a lot to learn but once I drew this piece up I sat and stared at it, and then stared some more.  I finally felt like I am going in a direction that I love and am so so proud of and my heart was happy.  

The above picture shows the raw calligraphy version I sent her.  I used a deep blue ink and love how the different shades of blue dried to give for light and dark areas, I feel like it really is a good connection with the waves and ocean theme of the verse.  I am offering the above print in my shop.  It is made to order and will look similar to the one above, but will be a one of a kind since I calligraphy it once you order it.  It measures 8x10 and on thick white card stock.  I think this print would look great in any part of your home, in a child's room or nursery, any nautical themed room or a nautical themed party!

I then went ahead and scanned in the original print to be able to offer people a digital version of the original calligraphy print.  This print still measures 8x10 and is printed in the US on 100% recycled white thick card stock in a deep blue ink.  It is ready to ship and looks great framed in a 11x17! 


0 friendly notes:

Post a Comment

AMEdetails All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger