Calligraphy Last Name Chalkboards

Friday, November 22, 2013

The wrap up of my wedding gifts that got delivered and opened (see a couple's post about it here!) so now I can post and show you what else I made as gifts. Remember the post I did yesterday with the wreath and couple's last name initial? Well these three boards were bigger and I hand painted their whole last name in calligraphy at the top of the chalkboards.
A couple detail shots (up above) to show a close up of the calligraphy and twine knots on the front. I did a little something different for each of the three boards. One was a big loopy calligraphy, one I painted in a classic calligraphy, and the last one (the couple has a really long name -10 letters!) I did a big underlining line that connected between two letters and put their first name initials up above their last name.


I truly had so much fun making these. Painted calligraphy is another world but it is a lot of fun seeing your work come to life so quickly. I also love giving such a useful and fun gift. If you are interested in ordering one for yourself or as a gift, you can order it here from my etsy shop, AMEdetails

Thanks for looking!

1 friendly notes:

  1. We LOVE LOVE LOVE our chalkboard sign! It is so cute hanging in our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

AMEdetails All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger