Elise + Brian's Wedding: Hand lettered Posters

Wednesday, September 18, 2013


A good friend of mine, Elise, got married on her family's ranch up in Northern California. My sister and I went up a week early to help her set up and I hand lettered a bunch of posters for her. It was my biggest project yet and couldn't be more happy with how they turned out! 

The Ceremony::
As guests arrived at the ceremony (which was on the family's cow pasture and by the way she arrived in a horse drawn carriage!) we greeted them with this sign above that said "Welcome to Black's Ranch 'A Royal Wedding... in a cow pasture'". That was the theme of her wedding and it turned out so beautiful. (I had to snap this picture quick as we were driving away since I didn't have time to take a picture sooner).


Once the guests got to the cow pasture, there was a wine barrel with programs on it and next to it another sign I hand lettered that said "Friends of the Bride & Friends of the Groom Please Take A Seat There Is Plenty Of Room". This one I rewrote a second time and am so happy with how it turned out!

The Reception::
At the reception, Elise and Brian had a huge 30-foot bar set up in front of the garage. They had come up with some signature cocktails (which were delicious!) and had their favorite beers and wines. I hand lettered two of these menus to hang up behind the bar so guests knew what was being served. These menus are my pride and joy! I had never worked so meticulously on something and love how they turned out. There was lots of measuring, writing, erasing, re-writing and painting- once I got the measurements for one the second was a breeze. We stained board purple to frame them and hung them from the scones with ribbon.
They also had a homemade photo booth with all the fun props to go along. I designed a fun poster to welcome people to "Grab A Prop & Strike a Pose".

Thank you so much Elise for having me help with the set up of your wedding and asking me to help with these projects! It truly was so much fun for me!

If you are interested in a poster design please contact me for a custom quote. Here is a link to my Etsy shop for more information.

1 friendly notes:

  1. This was truely a beautiful touch!! Really added to the entire feel of the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete

AMEdetails All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger