DIY Warm Scalloped Scarf

Monday, September 30, 2013


(I am reposting this post from my old blog because my mom loved it and is working on one herself, so I thought I would make it easier for her and you if you wanted to make a scarf).

I started this project when my husband was studying for Step 1 of his national boards. I had to start over a good 4 or 5 times (once I was four rows in!) but the final scarf turned out great and I love it. Here is the link to her instructions, but if you are like me and have never done a double stitch or Catherine's wheel stitch, I would recommend watching this video. Once I found this video that is when I started over because it is much easier to follow and figure out the pattern

I wanted a thicker scarf for winter so here are some changes I did:
*I used a size 6 crochet hook (size 10 was HUGE)
*I started with 161 stitches (your scarf should be made in sets of 10 stitches + 1- the link explains that) but then realized my scarf was too short, so I added on at the end, but you could just save yourself the trouble and start with 191 stitches (or another 10 if you want it a little longer). My final scarf measures around at about 58 inches which I found not too long or too short and gave a nice bulkiness at my neck to keep me warm. I did a total of 16 rows (each row is half of the wheel)
*I wanted my scarf to have scalloped edges so I went back around and finished the rows to give a scalloped edge.
* I found I needed 3 skeins of yarn (the same kind she uses). I didn't use the whole 3rd one but will use the left overs for a beanie

0 friendly notes:

Post a Comment

AMEdetails All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger