DIY Spring/ Easter Wreath

Wednesday, March 27, 2013


I was searching for a nice spring wreath I could make for my door. I found the perfect one at Williams Sonoma and knew it was just what I was looking for. It was super simple, took me about an hour and cost less than $15. Here is how I made it:

1 straw wreath the size of your choice (I got mine at Joann's- bring your coupon!)
Moss (I bought a moss mat at Joanns- bring your coupon!- but loose moss or moss "ribbon" will do)
Burlap ribbon/ leftovers


I bought the moss mat because I got more good looking moss for my money, but if you can find some other moss that you like the look of then use that.

-If you are using a moss mat, cut about 2 inch strips (these don't have to be perfect). If you use moss ribbon, then just pin one end and keep wrapping all the way around. If you use loose moss, then take chunks of pieces of moss and pin down till your wreath is full.
-Use a floral pin to secure one side down on your wreath and wrap the moss around your wreath, pinning the other edge when done. Continue wrapping strips of moss around overlapping where you left off and pinning the edges.
-Fill in any gaps you may have.
-Add a burlap bow to the top or bottom and hang on your door.

Super easy, quick and beautiful!

0 friendly notes:

Post a Comment

AMEdetails All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger