Garden Box

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I know it has been awhile since I wrote about anything in our lives, but I thought I would start with one of the best birthday presents I have ever gotten. If you don't know much about me, I love plants and I love building things. I had this genius idea of making a garden box for our vegetables since we have a lot of rabbits in our neighborhood. I basically drew up the plans for about a week, we went to the store to buy the supplies and we (Scott) spent all afternoon building it. It really is so nice to have a raised garden at waist height- it helps not having to bend over and with weed control. 

I couldn't resist at the garden center and bought way too many plants. Our garden box was full before the season even started! My plan was to plant a companion garden... basically where vegetables and herbs are strategically planted to influence a healthy and flavorful garden while also helping with pest control. I did chose too many plants for my planter box but included in there: bell peppers, jalapeƱos, tomatoes (2 varieties), lavender, carrots, mint, zucchini and squash, marigolds and basil and I think that is it. I'll have to eventually post a picture of how it looks at the end of the season all overgrown and how everything tastes! Homegrown veggies and herbs are my absolute favorite! 

0 friendly notes:

Post a Comment

AMEdetails All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger